Old 22-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Bob Hobden

"jakalad" wrote ...
I was interested in Janes comments on the question of International Royal
kidneys and in particular the advise that the new potatoe must be picked
at
an early stage. I grew Arran pilots last year and suffered from very
floury potatoes. Their boiling properties appeared to improve slightly
with peeeling but in general they were a flop as a new potatoe
particularly
if left with the skin on. I put the problem down to a bad choice of seed
but I am now wondering if I simply lifted them too late.

Arran Pilot should be quite good re disintrigation on cooking but it's not
the best. A better one is Duke of York.
Personally, like Janet, we found an early that grew well here and we liked
eating and have stuck to it ever since, our one is Concorde.

--
Regards
Bob