Old 22-01-2005, 07:08 PM
ned

wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:42:22 +0100, "JennyC"

wrote:

"Pete" wrote in message
.. .
Hi

I've recently moved to a more rural location which is very

pleasant,
but I do have a problem with moles digging holes all over the

garden.

I'm aware that there are sonic mole deterrents, but have no idea

if
they work - has anyone any experience of these, or any other

(humane)
suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Pete

I seem to recall hearing about the use of children's windmills

stuck into where
you see burrows. They don't like the noise..........went of

searching for info
about this and found:
http://www.hdra.org.uk/factsheets/pc5.htm

It says children's windmills stuck into where you see burrows

doesn't
work.

"Noise/Vibrations: Moles are said to dislike certain sounds and
frequencies of vibration. Devices such as children's windmills stuck
in the runs or wine bottles buried so the wind blows across the top
have been tried with little success. There is also an expensive
gadget, an electronic probe which is stuck into the ground, which

had
no effect on the moles at Ryton Gardens."

........ nor in ned's garden! :-((

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk