Old 22-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Steve Hampton

Tom, it seems that no matter how much you try to offer this material for
free, some not so bright individual finds a way to trash your attempts.

Tom Barr is without question the most sincere and giving person I've had
the pleasure to meet online. He has tirelessly given help to hundreds of
people who ask the same questions over and over again. Tom's valve to
anyone who wants to learn how to keep a successful planted tank is worth
dozens of times more than the $12.95 he charges only to those seeking
advanced information in newsletter form. But to access the FREE
information requires only a user name...what a huge investment, typing
in and registering a name. If you care to do some research you can
search for Tom's posts in this and other newsgroups along with the
archives of the APD (Aquatic Plant Digest) and the always popular
website The Krib. Tom's help doesn't stop there, he offers help and
encouragement on a regular basis on most plant oriented website
forums/message boards. His credentials are prodigious, but it's his
willingness to offer this advanced knowledge and expertise without
charge that frankly stuns me. No one is as generous as Tom with time and
effort.

Whether someone finds value in the subscription portion of The Barr
Report is not an issue and it's not my point. My point is to defend the
good intentions of a very good man trying to help folks...even those who
are quick to slam down his efforts when offering the FREE help. My fear
is that one all these pesky people who complain about a free offer will
finally take it's toll and Tom will decide to stop donating his valuable
time here and other online places.

Tom, from all your many friends and acquaintances across the web, please
accept this post as more important and more lasting in your memory than
the one prior. Thank you for your past efforts in helping me and others
online. The depth and scope of what I've learned from you is invaluable.
I try to pass along the advice and knowledge that you so freely gave to
me, and I do so as the ultimate compliment to you and the work you do.

Steve Hampton

See
www.BarrReport.com

Register a user name and password,

Well, seems like "register a user name" is lamespeak for "I want
$12.95". I have nothing against a man trying to make a buck and I wish
you many happy customers. But let's call a spade a spade here... you're
not looking for a username, you're looking for money. At least have
enough pride in what you do to be straightforward about it.

I appreciate your tip, but I'll pass on the "registration".

-Joe Barta