Old 23-01-2005, 04:17 AM
paghat

In article eCAId.2584$8Q.907@okepread06, Jeana wrote:

Allview wrote:
What does it take to get young pyracantha bushes to have flowers in

the spring
and make berries in the fall and winter? I have 2 of them that I planted in
June of 2003. They are about 4" tall now.
Marilyn in central Ohio

My pyracantha are 5-6 feet tall now, after being planted four years ago.
I don't prune them except to take out unruly branches. They bloom
profusely, and are full of berries. Maybe your trimming away the flower
buds?

Jean
Zone 5 Ohio
Go Tribe!

Or they are in too much shade. They will be nice & leafy in shady spots
but flower & fruit in full sun.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"