Old 23-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Morten

"Dan White" wrote in message
It is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if something sounds right or
not. I'm not a CO2 expert...I don't even use it, but I think I recall
people talking in terms of several bubbles per second. Even if we talk
about 1 bubble/sec over say 12 hours/day for 14 days that makes over

600,000
bubbles! Your bubble at .0952 ml has about a .28 cm radius, so it is a

big
bubble.

I don't know how big the 600,000 bubbles are at the 1 bubble/sec rate, but
if we look at your calculation of 4700 bubbles through the yeast method

over
that same 14 days, this would say that your bubbles would have to be
600K/4.7K = 128 times the volume of the yeast bubble. So what does that
make the radius of the 600,000 bubbles? .0952ml/128 = .00074 ml, or a
bubble radius of .056 cm or a diameter of 1 mm.

So for people who use yeast, if you get 1 bubble per second, these bubbles
would have to be 1 mm in diameter in order for the "charge" of yeast to

last
14 days at 12 hours per day if Morten's 4700 bubble calculation is

correct.
Does this make sense?

To be totally honest the 0.0952ml per bubble was something i got from a
couple of postings a couple of years back, ie they came from a '1050 bubbles
per 100ml' statement, but your'e right it sounds like a quite a large bubble
:-) and is probably way above a real bubble, anyone done some counting on a
known volume?

/Morten

---