Old 23-01-2005, 04:10 PM
figaro

It is corn gluten and I have used it once a couple of years ago when I was
putting plugs in a new lawn area for a friend. It worked fairly well and I
would use it again under the same circumstances. It was sold at an
independant nursery so I can't comment on its availabiity elsewhere.

From: Charles
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 02:53:28 GMT
Subject: miracle grow garden weed preventer

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:06:47 -0500, vincent p. norris
wrote:

That product will stop only seed germination. It will not prevent
perennial weeds.

A year or two ago I read of a product made from corn, completely
non-toxic, that would do the same thing, and would decompose into
Nitrogen (fertilizer).

I also read that Lowe's would be carrying it.

Anybody know the latest on that?

vince norris

I saw an ad for something called "Garden Bio-Film" which says it is
made from corn and other things.

http://www.greenfire.net/hot/G055.html

It's made by a corporation, so it must be bad.

--
Charles

Does not play well with others.