Old 23-01-2005, 03:43 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"Dan Welch" wrote in message
Hello,
We've recently moved to a brand new house - which means, of course, that
there's nothing in the garden. It's level, but that's about it. The house

is
built on old school playing fields and so the soil appears to be OK.
All is well except for one corner, in the part of the garden I have ear
marked for vegetables. It is extremely poorly drained and normally has

some
standing water if it's rained in the last few days. I've put some

raspberry
canes in that general area but have avoided the waterlogged area. What
plants really like very wet soil? I think that I could plant a willow

tree,
but that's not ideal. Watercress would probably grow there but I have a
limited capacity for that! I'd love to accept the site as it is and dig a
pond there, but we have a toddler so that's something best avoided. Any
thoughts?
cheers
dan

A bog garden perhaps? Will attract all sorts of wildlife. Do you know if
the patch dries out in summertime though?