Old 24-01-2005, 05:28 AM
Katra

In article ,
"GoatDaddy" wrote:

I am looking for some hedges that would be fast growing to provide some
privacy. I have about 400 feet that need to be planted and I would like
some suggestion on what type I should get either hedges or anything that
would provide at least 6 feet tall . I live in a rural area and want to
use them to block off a homestead that is a few acres away.

Louis

The local privett ash works well, (that's what I'm currently
encouraging, especially since I get them for free) as they grow fast,
quite tall, and require little water since they are native. They will
grow into trees if you don't keep them pruned down. In fact, I have some
6 footers I need to top soon before then get out of hand. ;-) I want
them to "bush out".

I have several thousand seeds at the moment if you want them.

No charge. They are in reach on the lower branches of the trees out
back. I just noticed them yesterday.

And they DO grow VERY quickly! Mine have been growing, both in pots and
the ground, a good 2 to 3 ft. per year depending on fertilizer and
water. I tend to neglect them.

Contact me if you want the seeds, or they will also be coming up all
over my yard this spring if I ignore them. Most will die and I'll pull
up the others. :-P Some that survive and look good will be potted for
later hedge use.

This e-mail works if you remove the mungbean.
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain