Old 24-01-2005, 02:42 AM
MrsMarsig

Default new planted tank--help w/ setup

I'm planning on converting my 29 gallon tank to a planted tank. I've
sketched out a layout with some plant species and am wondering if these
plants and this layout will do good in my tank conditions.

29 gallons
3x20 watts (about 2wpg)
pH somewhere above 7.5 (off my chart)
planning on a DIY CO2
Haven't tested the hardness, but the water supply has just changed from
hard well water to a city supply, so I'm guessing the hardness will
drop over the next water changes

Any help would be appreciated from any aspect--technicalities to
aquascaping. I'd rather give it the best try the first time for
keeping the cost down!

http://www2.gvsu.edu/~klutingd/images/tank.jpg

Oh...and I have a large buenos aires tetra that I've read eats
plants...any experience with this?