Old 23-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Tex John

"Jim Lewis" wrote ...
All known Christmas mallsai will be dead by May. :-/

Ah, jeez, thanks Jim!

I know this of course, NOW! And have for years.

But I've always felt bad that the first bonsai I cared for was a mallsai of
my roommate after he transferred and took two years of classes out of state
and I killed his juniper off in less than a month after he left.

Of course, it was inside. In the kitchen windowsill. And was probably dead
before he left.

I do much better now that I have a yard and keep everything outside (shoot,
it got down to 32 F last night and I didn't even bother bringing in all my
Ficus benjiminas!) but I've felt bad about that for twelve years! Shoulda
made that connection years ago :)

Guess I ought to find him and send him one of my Ficus...just in case he
does still live in an apartment.

John
Houston