Old 24-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:58:12 -0500, "GA Pinhead"
wrote:

Hey PP:

As I mentioned before Figaro has been good for me. I stopped growing Bells
years ago. Pimentos stuff better, taste better and ripen faster. I use
them just like bells, even freezing shopped green ones.

Figaro sounds like a good one, and since we're both in the South,
I bet it'll do well for me, too.

Thanks!

I am trying Tennessee Cheese this year. They look identical to Figaro.

I tried them one year, but I made the mistake of planting them on
the shade side of some habs. The habaneros grew so fast they put
the Tennessee Cheese peppers into shade. I ought to give them
another chance.

Staking is a must, the plants get 6 feet tall and the peppers are heavy.
Fungus, never had a problem on them.

I have pics somewhere of our last bounty year... not last year.

Hab seeds get planted this weekend!

Wow, it's still too early for me to start planting peppers. I did
start my Stupice tomatoes this weekend.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"