Old 18-01-2005, 10:14 PM
southernbc

I still have a very small (40 gph) pump running in a 3 gallon rubbermaid
tub surface mounted with a slit open side and the pump shooting straight
down out the bottom with quilt batting over it. About 2 inches from the
surface I have a 250 watt outdoor spotlight aimed right at the water. In
additon to that I have two bubblers in the shallow area of the pond (18"
deep) The filter seems to be working quite well even in the cold with
the lamp, I see various living, active, insect larvae on a regular basis
and the water is very clear.
There are pictures taken in January on my website if you want to see
them. http://www.boundary-ca.net/pond/index.html

Have a Great Day!
Don - southernbc

news groups wrote:
southernbc wrote:

Hello all,

My pond is now freezing over inside my hoop house but the bubbler and
winter filter system are working Great. The ice in frozen areas looks
about 3" thick. It is currently -20 celsius this morning outside You
can see pictures at my website (nothing for sale)
http://www.boundary-ca.net/pond/index.html

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

What is the current status of your pond?

The screens have 4" of snow on them, but with my wireless thermometer
I can
see that the water is liquid, I can also "hear" the water moving... but
that requires going "outside".... like brrrrr!

I haven't even gone up and looked at the lily pond, maybe I'll do that
today. I'm hoping the fact I floated milk jugs on it that they are
holding
the shade cloth off the surface of the water. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Do you still have your pump/fileter running?