Old 23-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Pam

No waterfall. Water goes out of the veggie filter through a pipe back into
the pond.

As long as the veggie filter does not overflow everything is fine, but
once it starts overflowing I guess the water follows the path of least
resistance.

"Hal" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:32:21 -0600, "Pam" wrote:

For the first few months after we built our pond it lost water every time
it rained. Sometimes it lost more than half its volume. It turned out
that the outlet from the kiddy pool veggie filter back into the pond was
too
small. It could keep up with the pump (external ), but it couldn't keep
up with both pump and rain. If it rained long enough the veggie filter
would continue to overflow until the water level in the pond dropped low
enough to stop the pump. We put a much larger outlet in the veggie
filter,
and will double the size of the veggie filter this summer.

I'm having a bit of trouble with adding more water causes one to lose
water. If the return pipe is adequate for pump flow that should
remain constant rain or shine.

Do you have a waterfall?

Regards,

Hal