Old 24-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Keith Hampson

Default garden question

please excuse me but I am totally new to gardening, I have just bought a
house so starting fro scratch, but would like to help I can get.

the problems I have with the garden are as follows:

1. the lawn last summer was covered in ants, making it very annoying when we
sat in our garden, how can I stop the ants this year? maybe put poison down?

2. I have some 4 old tree stumps in the garden which have been cut about 5
inch tall, how can I get shut of them, I know you can buy tree stump killer,
is it any good?

3. All the lawn is very hilly and patchy, how is the best way of levelling
it, someone told me to put top soil down, another dig it all up and seed it,
I don't have much spare money, the lawn is 42 ft x 120 ft

any help will be very appreciated.