Old 24-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Larry

Default Dendrobium rest

Hi. I'd like to confirm that the rest period I am/will be giving my 3
dendrobiums is appropriate.

One of them is still in bloom, and so I am not giving that one a rest period
yet. I suppose I should (?) after it is done blooming - the flowers (only 2)
have been awesome for ~3 weeks now.

The other two have been neglected (except for repotting this weekend) over
the winter. I had them in my garage, and have let them dry out for the
winter.

But I want to be sure of their light requirements during their rest period.
The garage gets little light through the windows. Should I be letting them
dry out completely (i.e., no water at all)? Or, just a little water? Is
the garage light too little or OK?

Also, the temp in garage has been ~upper 30s or 40s the last few days, but
probably will be in the 50s-60s soon (I'm in Jacksonville, FL, which is at
the Northeast part of Florida).

Thanks in advance for your recommendations and guidance -

Larry