Old 24-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Alan Silver

Found a faq regarding sunlight

Thanks for that. Trouble is that we get a lot of rain, so even if we had
the sunshine (which isn't certain), I would be nervous about leaving the
plant outside as it could get battered by the rain.

Oh well, one way to try it I suppose ;-)

Do you know if it has to be direct (presumably meaning without any
intervening substances) sunlight, or would it like sunshine through a
window? We have a sunny (depending on the weather) kitchen windowsill
that might be fine. We have a loquat growing there which is doing quite
well.

Q: How much sunlight does a lotus need to bloom?
A:
A lotus will flower in six hours or more direct sunlight. More sunlight
means more flowering and stronger stems for leaves and flowers. Lower
sunlight duration makes stems weak, allowing leaves to fall over
easily. Flowering is dependent upon adequate fertilization.

So it looks like you can get the seeds to sprout and it will be an
experiment to see if they will bloom in England's summer.
Let us know what happens!

kathy

--
Alan Silver