Old 24-01-2005, 04:04 PM
John Bachman

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:24:23 -0800, "Bob H"
wrote:

For me, in a word it is freezing & weight, my pond is about 6,000 gallons, I
was just not up to mixing, reinforcing & all the other heavy work involved
just to watch it crack and leak with the first hard freeze (Zone 5), to that
end the cost is not important, cheaper or more expensive concrete was not
worth the extra work & time that would be needed each spring to find and
(try) to fix the leaks.

I am always amazed at how people talk about the "cost" of something
when what they mean is really the "initial cost" while ignoring the
total cost. Cheap tools and equipment comes to mind.

I too am in zone 5 and made the same choice as you for similar
reasons. My liner has survived two (three this year?) severe winters.
Wonder how a concrete one would have done?

John