Old 24-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Alan Silver

Do you know if it has to be direct (presumably meaning without any
intervening substances) sunlight, or would it like sunshine through a
window? We have a sunny (depending on the weather) kitchen windowsill
that might be fine. We have a loquat growing there which is doing quite
well.

Hi Alan - I've never heard of anyone growing a Lotus indoors, but I know a
windowsill wouldn't work - they get too large, unless there is some really
small dwarf species I haven't heard about - mine gets 3' - 4' high and has a
crown 3 to 4 feet across with aerial leaves the size of large dinner plates
& platters and is planted in a 18" by 12" pot that sits inside a large
plastic 20 gal tub on my deck

Well that counts that out!! Thanks for the warning. I'm not sure this is
practical then. You couldn't keep something like that outdoors in the
UK, not even in the sunny South g and I don't have space for it
indoors. We used to have a massive swiss cheese plant, but that
eventually had to go when it got bashed once too many times by the
children whizzing around on toy trucks !!

Maybe I'll try growing it indoors until it gets too big. Then I'll look
for a home for it. Thanks again

--
Alan Silver