Old 24-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Tex John

2. I have some 4 old tree stumps in the garden which have been cut about 5
inch tall, how can I get shut of them, I know you can buy tree stump

killer,
is it any good?

Depending on how dry the stumps are, charcoal can be an inexpensive way to
get rid of them. Drier and with big splits helps. Takes work to do --
blowing ash off, adding fresh charcoal as the old burns out every few hours,
and takes a couple of weekends. That's a ton less work than taking an ax to
them, tho.

Hiring a tree company with a grinder would be fast and effortless but much
more expensive. I've tried to rent just the machine myself and can't find
them for rent around here. But even if you did, you need a truck or trailer
to move them...not just the trunk of your car.

John
Houston