Old 24-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Warren

Tex John wrote:
Alright, I'll bite:

Charcoal soil contamination?

I spread my charcoal ashes from the fireplace and the pit over my yard
all
the time. Other than the pH which St Augustine doesn't seem to care
THAT
much about...what contamination?

Most people think of charcoal briquettes when they say charcoal. The
briquettes are wood by-products with a petroleum-based binder, and other
filler. The ash from the briquettes is quite a bit different than that
from fireplace ash -- unless you're burning wood painted with oil-based
paint.

Want to have some real fun? Burn some wood painted with leaded oil based
paint. Turn your yard into a Superfund-eligible site. Don't forget to
inhale!

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Compare the newest tax preparation software apps:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/taxes/index.html