Old 24-01-2005, 11:10 PM
keith ;-\)

Hi Larry, as I understand when the new psbulbs mature that's when you start
there rest so it will initiate the flowering.So in winter high light,cooler
temps & let them dry out.I water a little when I see the bulbs starting to
shrivel.Then hopefully when they start into flower growth increase watering.
I am in the U.K so someone here on RGO closer to you may have some better
advise.

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
"Larry" wrote in message
Hi. I'd like to confirm that the rest period I am/will be giving my 3
dendrobiums is appropriate.

One of them is still in bloom, and so I am not giving that one a rest

period
yet. I suppose I should (?) after it is done blooming - the flowers (only

2)
have been awesome for ~3 weeks now.

The other two have been neglected (except for repotting this weekend) over
the winter. I had them in my garage, and have let them dry out for the
winter.

But I want to be sure of their light requirements during their rest

period.
The garage gets little light through the windows. Should I be letting them
dry out completely (i.e., no water at all)? Or, just a little water? Is
the garage light too little or OK?

Also, the temp in garage has been ~upper 30s or 40s the last few days, but
probably will be in the 50s-60s soon (I'm in Jacksonville, FL, which is at
the Northeast part of Florida).

Thanks in advance for your recommendations and guidance -

Larry