Old 24-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Stephen Henning" wrote in message
news
"David Jeppesen" wrote

The question I would like to ask is why I see so little discussion
about concrete ponds in the NG, and so much discussion about lined
ponds,,,(and the associated problems with liners, etc.) This is a
serious question, not a troll, from a newcomer to the subject.

Obviously concrete ponds work since concrete swimming pools work.

I'd be willing to bet your pool is reinforced concrete, and not just a quick
pour. I'd also venture to say it's probably coated with some more dense
material. I know in my zone of MD, all concrete pools are reinforced, and
coated with a different material then they are constructed of.
snip

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com