Old 24-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Gale Pearce" wrote in message

Do you know if it has to be direct (presumably meaning without any
intervening substances) sunlight, or would it like sunshine through a
window? We have a sunny (depending on the weather) kitchen windowsill
that might be fine. We have a loquat growing there which is doing quite
well.

Hi Alan - I've never heard of anyone growing a Lotus indoors, but I know a
windowsill wouldn't work - they get too large, unless there is some really
small dwarf species I haven't heard about - mine gets 3' - 4' high and has

crown 3 to 4 feet across with aerial leaves the size of large dinner

plates
& platters and is planted in a 18" by 12" pot that sits inside a large
plastic 20 gal tub on my deck

There are smaller varieties that don't get much bigger then a foot or two. I
am actually working 10 sprouts now. The kitchen counter is our lotus farm
right now.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com