Old 24-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Dan Welch

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message

"Dan Welch" wrote in message
Hello,

[..]

In a couple of years that toddler will be a small child that will likely
(with the right encouragement) take great interest in the wildlife in and
around a pond (the local kids are often asking to see my pond, feed the
fish, or bringing frogs round etc) . I suggest you wait for that, the time
will fly by.

--
Tumbleweed

Thanks for that - I used to work for the National Rivers Authority (as was)
and could identify a caddis fly larva at a hundred paces so I'm looking
forward to when she's old enough to go grubbing around under rocks and in
streams and the like... that is a few years on from now though and I don't
want a permanently wet patch in the garden until then. But a pond would be a
definite plus point... cats would eat the frogs though!
cheers
dan