Old 25-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Ozdude

"Starfish" wrote in message
i was thinking getting larger val and planting them in the "safe planters".
In these planters i would put a layer of very fine gravel/course sand. As
an anchor for the plants, i would use mesh just large enough for the val to
fit in and tie with string underneath the mesh to act as a stopper to
prevent the val from being pulled up. The mesh would be the whole length
and width of the planters which then would be weighted down with a few
marbles or equivallent and then covered with the fine gravel for a natural
appearance

I see you're an Ozzie (aussie)

Wallis Creek Garden Centre in Newcastle sells a native Eel Grass over the
web

http://www.walliscreekwatergarden.com.au/

Native Eel Grass is sold by them as a pond plant, but it is actually an
Australian Val. It's thick, tall and strong.

I am personally sick to death of the spiral imported stuff being so easily
distrupted if it's roots are distrurbed, so I am going to try some of this
Kakadu water plant in my tank.

Given 12 hours of good light a day I think this plant willgrow and look
great in an aquarium.

Just a thought any way.

Oz

--