Old 24-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Derek Broughton

Alan Silver wrote:

Found a faq regarding sunlight

Thanks for that. Trouble is that we get a lot of rain, so even if we had
the sunshine (which isn't certain), I would be nervous about leaving the
plant outside as it could get battered by the rain.

No, you get a _lot_ of rain, but you don't get the kind of massive
thunderstorms that we get inland in N. America (or I guess in monsoon
season in S. Asia). Lotuses handle that sort of weather with aplomb - and
don't even need the sun except to flower. Of course, what do you want with
a non-flowering lotus :-)

You'll have no trouble at all getting it to grow, it's the flowering that
will be touchy.
--
derek