Old 25-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Rod

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:45:56 -0000, "Keith Hampson"
wrote:

The stump which is a horse chestnut was chopped down about 2 month ago, it
is about 15 inch in diameter, if I dog round it hoe deep will I heed to go
before I reached the roots, and would I need a chainsaw, and could I lift
it?

I wouldn't bother trying to dig out a Horse Chestnut that size without
some mechanical help. If you really must get it out now then I'd
suggest getting a tree surgeon to grind it out or hire a stump grinder
yourself.
Horse Chestnut will very probably try to re-grow so you could use
Ammonium Sulphamate (Root-Out, and one or two other trade names) to
kill it. Then as I suggested before camouflage it with suitable
planting and leave it to rot.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.