Old 25-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Craig Cowing

On Jan 25, 2005, at 12:18 PM, synex wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking to start a few Bonsai from seed (I know you'll all tell me
this is a bad idea, but I like to jump in at the deep end, and learn as
much as I can the hard way). snip

If you're looking for a way to learn patience you've picked the
hardest. Nobody on the list would say that it's a bad idea to start
trees from seed. However, if it's the only way you're going to
cultivate bonsai you'll have a very long wait.

Any more tips on growing in the UK by anyone with experience would be
greatly appreciated. I know these plants take years to grow before work
can begin, bit IMHO, that's part of the fun. I do plan on buying a
cheap plant to practice my pruning on.

Many thanks,
DSt.

Buy a few junipers and learn how to style. You won't learn anything
about styling by watching seedlings grow.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++