Old 26-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Justin

Default More on pearling...

Hi all,

I would like to think I have an OK plant tank. I have read articles,
watched videos and monitor the parameters of my tank closely, but I am still
yet to see pearling on a regular basis.

I understand that it is where the plants continue producing o2 after the
saturation point of the water is reached, but I am yet to see it on a
regular basis. The only time i really see it is just after a water change.
I turn my filter off for the water change and keep the CO2 (pressurised)
running. Any hints or tips for me?

I have a 200 liter tank (sorry don't know gallons but it's a 2'x2'x2' cube),
150watt metal hallide 5200K, ph hovers between 7.4 and 6.8 (lower at night
after co2 injection), I use dupla plant and dupla plant 24, KH 2-3 degrees
and GH 3 degrees, Fe between 0.5 to 1.0 (I haven't tested in a while but I
am dosing as I used to when I had the test to keep it at this level)

There is healthy plant growth in the stem plants and others including the
Madagascan Lace Plant... but still no bubbles...

The tank has been running for 7mths with only one major re-landscape, which
was to position plants based on light requirements as I just guessed when I
first planted....

As of tomorrow I will be starting to use the Seachem range do you think this
will help?

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks all.

Justin.