Old 26-01-2005, 08:35 AM
Anil Kaushik

It is not a bad idea to grow plants for Bonsai from seeds. The one most
significant factor in making a Bonsai is, TONS of PATIENCE. And if you plan
making these from seeds, well you need TONS x TONS of patience! (easier
said than done).
Buying a potential Bonsai plant from a nursery or collecting it from the
field is to save on time, which is more precious than the amount one spends
on buying. In fact one buys nursery-men's TIME at a very cheap rate.
However one can (should) grow seeds of those species which are not available
in the nearby nurseries and garden centers.

All the best!

Anil Kaushik
Bonsai Club (India)
Chandigarh "The City Beautiful"