Old 26-01-2005, 11:39 AM
synex

Incidentally - is it worth my while heading out into the wild and
trying to pick up some young trees? Obviosuly things like Scot's Pine
and other attractive trees will be available in my area - but if they
haven't been attended to from the beginning, will they be worth working
on?

And another question I forgot to ask - someone mentioned the "natural"
germination - leaving them out in the frost and gradually progressing
into summer. Would this be worth trying now? And if so, do I just put
them straight into the ground and let them fend for themselves? Bearing
in mind it's getting several degrees below zero, at the moment.