Old 26-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Duncan Heenan

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Dear all,

By coincidence I have just re-joined the list in the hope of finding out
the
best ways of ridding the garden of buddleia and sycamore 'stumps'.

I am about to cut the bushes and small trees down. The buddleias are about
ten years old and have been 'coppiced' almost every year. The sycamores
are
about seven years old and have been lopped at head height for the past
three
or four years to form a hedge. (in the latter case the trunks are still
only
about arm thickness at the most).

How can I best kill remove these completely? I want to replace both
a.s.a.p. with escallonias.

Thanks in advance for any help

Keith
Portland Bill, Dorset.

Dig them out by the roots. It's the only shure and clean method, it's a
better workout than going to a gym and its free.