Old 26-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Sacha

On 26/1/05 22:31, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
david wrote:
It'a funny thing but most of us right handed gardeners dig
left-handed,i.e. our left foot goes on the spade and our left hand goes
down the shaft. ...

Do we? Not in my observation.

I'm interested in this. I'm left handed for writing, dealing cards, sewing
and archery (on the rare occasions I attempt the last two) but right handed
for much else, such as ironing, throwing a ball, and either hand for e.g.
pouring from a jug or bottle, though the right hand might just predominate
there. But when I dig, my right foot goes onto the spade or fork - mostly.
When I open a seed packet, my left hand does the tearing and the right hand
grasps the packet and pours the seeds into my left hand. I then transfer
them to my right hand and sow them with my left. I've never thought of
myself as having a pattern for these things until now. Reading back, it
sounds rather tiring! And very peculiar!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk