Old 26-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Bob Hobden

Jonny wrote
Hi, I would like to grow some old traditional varieties of veg this
year. I want them to be based on taste and suitability to my
geographical and physical conditions, rather than mass produced stuff.
I would like your suggestions as to what varieties I should grow.
First, my garden is in SE Scotland, around 400 feet above sea level
and is walled (an old farmhouse garden) so it is well sheltered. The
last frost can be late May. The soil is good.
I am looking for suggestions for the following and any others you
think I may enjoy:
tomatoes (for greenhouse)
lettuce
squashes