Old 27-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Jim Marrs

Default Early Tomatoes

I always start my first tomatoes this time of year. I have found Early Girl,
Glacier, and Oregon Spring good choices. I tried Legend last year but was
disappointed in the production. I was looking for a larger early tomato that
most of the early types produce and hoped Legend would fit the bill. Does
anyone else have a suggestion for a good early tomato? I live in the
Southwestern part of Round Rock so my microcline averages 5-7 degrees cooler
than ambient temps in Austin proper. I can set my tomatoes outside by the
last week in March if I want to gamble a bit.

HAVE FUN

Jim