Old 27-01-2005, 03:47 AM
salgud

My advice, Eric, is to get rid of it as soon as possible! Destroy it,
or give it to someone you hate. I got my first orchid from a friend 2.5
yrs ago, and have been trying all kinds of things to get it to bloom
since then. I now have 9 of them! I've tried a lot of things, and
finally got the first one I got to spike! I was jumping up and down
like a little kid (I'm 57, but usually don't admit to it). Orchids are
devious and sneaky and slowly, but inexhorabaly, take over your home
and your life. I've even come here for advice on how to get some of the
others to bloom. There're worse than cocaine, almost as expensive, and
they don't even have 12 Step groups to help you kick the habit!
Ok, so maybe I exaggerate a bit., but they certainly have a way of
getting to you!