Old 27-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Gregor

USENET READER wrote:

Having met John Sweeny at the AFL-CIO HQ up the street from the White
House - and even parking in his spot out front - I can tell you that he
is more like the idealistic folks who started the unions. You wrote
that the people who run the unions today are not the same people who
started them, and are not of the same quality. I wrote that you were
incorrect. But most of the anti-union people on here seem to think that
management can do no wrong - they all want to be CEOs or make their money.

Jimmy Hoffa was a very personable fellow also -- doesn't mean he
wasn't a crook.