Old 27-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Ray

If I remember correctly, the term coir refers to several products made from
the outer husk of the coconut, with the ground powder (often sold as
"coco-peat"), fiber, and chips being the most commonly used in orchid
culture.

Assuming you're referring to the first, Gary gave some good advice, and you
might also look at the article Rob Halgren and Harvey Brennaise published in
the AOS Orchids magazine:

http://www.msu.edu/user/harveyb/mud.htm

wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone grown orchids using cocnut coir as a medium? I was
wondering if it holds too much water for orchids. Thanks!
Billy Duncan
www.indoorfarmsupply.com