Old 27-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Derek Mark Edding

Default Source for Decent Backyard Shed?

Hi Folks,

I want to put a reasonably well constructed storage shed in my backyard
because I'm trying to use the back of my garage as a work area, and it
keeps filling up with stuff. I'm looking at ones around 8' x 10' in size.

I've had poor experiences with sheet metal sheds in the past. They
flex, bend, rust, the doors pop off, and they become a habitat for
whatever small animals reside in the area.

I'd like to have one built from wood, siding, and asphalt shingles so
that it looks attractive and won't become an eyesore. I've seen some
like this that can be ordered as kits. For example:

http://www.handyhome.com/storage.htm

This is the basic idea, although I don't particularly want the barn
appearance.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with local storage building
suppliers or contractors who build them, and can give some advice. I'd
rather go with a local business if possible.

Thanks for any help.

-dreq