Old 27-01-2005, 09:00 AM
rwakeford

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:58:18 +0000, June Hughes wrote:

That is interesting. I use a knife and fork, sow seeds, play a guitar,

All left handed for me.

golf (rarely), cricket (ditto) and use a computer mouse right-handed.

Yes, me too but those are the only three things I do right handed, all
else with the left.

I used to find that people of an older generation were intolerant of
lefties

Terrible. (I'm only 55 but, at my boarding school, they tried to make me
both eat and write the "Normal" way. After strong words from my parents
they left well alone. My left handed scissors always throw people when
they use them!

Perhaps that is something to do with the penchant of some teachers in
the 1950's to make all children in their class write with their right
hand.

Yes, left handedness and the devil went hand in hand. It's certainly far
more common now (left handedness I mean!)

Sorry mods for going off topic but it is quite interesting - isn't it??

--
Richard 27/01/2005 09:51:52