Old 27-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Justin

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for the response. At the moment, I just keep an eye on my CO2
permanent test. If it's dark green then it says it's ok. I watch my KH and
have only recently learnt the trick of adjusting the KH in the water I am
adding to my tank. I must confess, I don't actually check the PH of the
water I am putting in, I test the PH of the tank after I have added the
water and it is normally sitting at netural.

I am looking at buying a PH controller for my tank to turn the CO2 off and
on. I looked at the Dupla, but that's AU$650, so I am trying to hunt down a
LFS here in Oz that sells Red Sea. Have you heard of them? If so are they
good?

"Nikki Casali" wrote in message
A pH of 7.4 with a KH of 2-3 represents very little CO2 content during the
day. What you want is the 6.8 pH during the night, during the day.

How are you regulating the CO2?

What is the pH of the water being used for water changes?

Nikki

Justin wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to think I have an OK plant tank. I have read articles,
watched videos and monitor the parameters of my tank closely, but I am
still yet to see pearling on a regular basis.

I understand that it is where the plants continue producing o2 after the
saturation point of the water is reached, but I am yet to see it on a
regular basis. The only time i really see it is just after a water
change. I turn my filter off for the water change and keep the CO2
(pressurised) running. Any hints or tips for me?

I have a 200 liter tank (sorry don't know gallons but it's a 2'x2'x2'
cube), 150watt metal hallide 5200K, ph hovers between 7.4 and 6.8 (lower
at night after co2 injection), I use dupla plant and dupla plant 24, KH
2-3 degrees and GH 3 degrees, Fe between 0.5 to 1.0 (I haven't tested in
a while but I am dosing as I used to when I had the test to keep it at
this level)

There is healthy plant growth in the stem plants and others including the
Madagascan Lace Plant... but still no bubbles...

The tank has been running for 7mths with only one major re-landscape,
which was to position plants based on light requirements as I just
guessed when I first planted....

As of tomorrow I will be starting to use the Seachem range do you think
this will help?

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks all.

Justin.