Old 27-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Craig Cowing

On Jan 27, 2005, at 10:34 AM, Nina wrote:

snip

Northern people should be
clear that a lot of the diseases listed there are SOUTHERN diseases
nobody above the Mason-Dixon line will have to worry about.

snip

The same is undoubtedly true with pests. In Maryland, for instance,
Anita has struggled for years with bagworms (sp?) on her evergreens,
both bonsai and full-sized. They take needles and build cocoons (I
guess that's what they're called) and they hang like little bags from
the tips of branches. Having grown up in New England and lived there
most of my life other than going to college in the Midwest
(Pennsylvania) and now living on the West Bank (of the Hudson) I never
heard of bagworms and had never seen one.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++