Old 27-01-2005, 04:37 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Gramma schreef
What they are looking for may also be how an illustrator has done his
homework, i.e. read up on the plant of his choice and

**what botanists regard as the important features.**

I guess I was trying to ask this group that question in the first place.

***
You guess wrong. You asked what in general are important features for
plants in general. A one-size-fits-all approach.

What matters for the illustration is the important features of the
particular plant-species portrayed. Features which likely are unique to that
group of plants. A competetent illustator working alone will have to do his
homework in order to deliver a product-made-to-measure ...
PvR