Old 27-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Mike Lyle" writes:
| Spider wrote:
| [...]
| When frustration moves you to anger, don't throw stones .. throw
| water. It works, and even the RSPCA approve it.
|
| Those of us with an ineradicable childish streak welcome the arrival
| of those extraordinary new water "pistols". Garden centres should
| stock Super Soakers. And a nurse friend reports that as students they
| used to derive much innocent amusement from squirting passing
| policemen with water-filled hypodermics from the windows of the
| nurses' home.

And, as I pointed out over a decade ago now, a bicycle pump with
the connector removed throws a goodly volume of water a long way.
I have only once caught a cat squarely with that, but its
expression conveyed its clear opinion of me, my personal habits,
ancestry and ultimate destination.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.