Old 28-01-2005, 01:33 AM
Pauline Muth

I really know the feeling...the critters are my real problem not the
temperatures. -22 here this am without wind-chill
Critters certainly love all maples and hornbeams
.....I put moth balls in the storage area before
I seal it in. Some years I even used the electronic buzzers type.
Sealing them in a box of hardware cloth ( coarse screen) inside the storage
really works
but is a pain to set up.
Interesting that you can put tridents in storage. It is too cold for them
here.
I greenhouse them here around Thanksgiving and keep them there until
May...I defoliate before taking them outside in the spring.
Good luck and keep growing
Pauline F Muth Zone 4 West Charlton NY USA
www.pfmbonsai.com