Old 27-01-2005, 04:25 PM
AZTEC

Gramma Wrote:
"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message
...-
Gramma
schreef-
I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this question but
there
are
surely some botanists who have thoughts on this.--

snip
-
So it depends on the plants portrayed (and perhaps the level to which
knowledge has advanced of the particular plant portrayed. It does
happen
that later it becomes known that a feature disregarded so far by
taxonomists
is critical, after all).-
-
-
Thank you for replying.

To try and determine my ability against other illustrators, I am
thinking
along the lines of entering an illustration into selection for a
competitive exhibition, where the drawings are selected by a panel
including
at least one botanist, one scientific member and one research
associate
from a botanic garden.

The choice of plant used is up to the illustrator, and this is why I
wondered about a standard format of presentation of just what should
be
shown

I guess I will have to use my judgement on the features of whatever
specimen
I choose.
This could of course be part of what they are looking for - to see how
an
illustrator has looked at the plant

I will take on the method of scale you suggested - it is certainly
makes
sense

Gramma
-
-

good luck and, if you don't mind, can we see your entry? AZTEC

--
AZTEC