Old 27-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Franz Heymann

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

[snip]
I am extremely right-handed, and have serious difficulty operating a
screwdriver left-handed, yet have no trouble operating a wrench - in
fact, I probably do that left-handed from preference. I dig on the
right side from preference (with hand tools as well as long ones),
but can use the other side when it is more convenient. This is all
very normal.

I am left handed wth a vengeance. At school, my left hand was tied
behind my back to force me to write with the other one.
One dubious advantage of that is that I can, without any practice,
write mirror writing with my left hand, with the same (inverted)
handwriting as my normal one.
On occsion, when my students showed signs of drowsiness during my
lectures, I used to write on the board with my right hand and when
reaching the right hand end of the board, I would slip the chalk into
my left hand and continue writing in mirror writing to the left whilst
continuing my patter uninterruptedly. The stamping of feet would
signal to me that the class had woken up.

Franz