Old 28-01-2005, 12:51 AM
Richard Brooks

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Richard Brooks wrote:

As to left-handedness. I'm a sinister but eat and play the piano
right-handed although I found using a Lee Enfield a pain in the
arse. Well, it was for the guy in front!

Isn't the whole point of a Lee Enfield to be a pain to the person in
front of it?

From behind the Lee Enfield anyone in the line of sight is in front of it
(and probably safer for it, with a left-hander in charge) !

The coking mechanism is right-handed so any hot cases eject away from the
body but for a left-hander it all ends up like something out of a Rob Wilton
gag with natural tendencies trying to take over from what was instructed. I
find the same problem with a zoom lens on a 35mm camera.

Richard.

Richard.