Old 28-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Gail Futoran

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello-
Could anyone recommend a good rose to purchace for a beginner rose
gardener? Not new to gardening, but just new to roses. I live in zone
7. The space where i want to plant the rose is in full sunlight,
however it is under a leafy tree. So there is some shade. Any info
appreciated!

Billy Duncan
www.indoorfarmsupply.com

"Queen Elizabeth" is generally considered a good
beginning rose.

It was planted along with about 15 other roses in the
rose bed that came with the house (10 years ago). It's
the only one I didn't manage to kill off until I learned
enough about roses to plant my own beds.

It's a pink grandiflora. I don't know about shade, but
if it gets at least 6 hours of sun per day it should be
ok.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8