Old 28-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Spider

Amber Ormerod wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message

Hi Amber,

The tank lagging I'm thinking of is safely covered (in plastic/polyester
..?), so you would not be exposed to any fibreglass, if that is the

inner
content.

However, you probably have a point about the aeration ... Drat, it

seemed
such a good idea. I'll put my thinking cap on.

Yes I knew it had a covering but its normally in a cupboard not exposed to
the sun and wind and rain etc and that might make the covering break down
quicker?

Anyhow I think the lack of air will be the problem.

Hello again Amber,

I've been back to the drawing board, but I'm hampered by not knowing the
dimensions of your (or indeed any) wormery ...

However, my current thought is that you might be able to use a large,
black(or green) upturned dustbin. You won't need the lid*, of course. The
dustbin should be drilled with lots of airholes for ventilation, but still
retain enough panel integrity to remain rigid. It would be very simple to
attach a handle to the base of the dustbin (now the top of your wormery) so
that you can lift it off when required.

*You could try using the lid for extra protection by bolting it to the top
of your wormery cover, thereby boosting high-level shelter _and_ using the
integral handle, instead of having to buy/make one.

Now tell me it won't fit ..! :~{

Spider